Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Mom






I know my mom loved to read every one's blogs and liked to keep up on every one's gossip.
So in tribute to my mom's life and in remembrance of her, i will start a blog. I have made a promise to myself that at least one time a day i will set aside time to think about her and remember something we did together or something she taught me. Not only was she a mom to me, she was my friend... i called her every day.. We talked about anything going on.. She was my venting partner.. she listened to me what ever i had to say even if it was non-sense or just me complaining about something bothering me.. She always tried to give me an answer to my problems.. She always headed me in the right direction to find my own answers also.. She would check up on me... She always asked about my friends.. She was my Best Friend... I miss her more
then anything else... She was my rock.. I will always Love you MOM and i will always remember you!!!!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Hi Eric, my name is Amelia. Not sure if you know who I am, but I'm Tad Bowler's wife. (I saw your blog linked to the Big Bowler family blog). I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your family's loss, your mom was such a great person and she will be missed by many! Kath and I were talking the other day and Kath told me that Marie always checked my blog...I thought that was really cool that she wanted to check in on our little family all the way out here in Texas!
So, I hope this blog can serve as a place for you to vent and ask for advice too...it will never replace a mother's advice or a mother's ear to listen, but maybe it can be a place to start. My mom died from breast cancer when I was 20. It's the hardest loss I could ever image and it's still hard to talk about today (10 years later)...but it will get easier, and when it does, it's hard not to feel guilty...but think of the times your mom was most happy, it's when her children were happy! I'll have your family in my thoughts and prayers! (by the way, sorry this was so long winded, and I know you don't know me and probably don't need advice from a "sort of TOTAL stranger" (haha!!), but I guess that's kind of how these blogs work, and I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of your family...just like "Ree" thought of ours :)